Sunday 3 November 2013

Sea glass Pendants


Today I made some sea glass jewellery, last Christmas I made a bunch of earrings and pendants out of it and everyone loved them so here is how you do it, they make great gifts and are so cheap to make. I just found sea glass off my local beach but they tend to sell it at craft stores. For earrings you are going to want to find two smaller similar pieces of sea glass, but for a pendant it doesn’t matter what size so long as the wire supports it. All you need is pliers (once specific to jewellery are better), wire – I use a really thin wire I like like 1/2mm but I can’t remember and a piece of sea glass, also scissors, just to cut the wire.


 Cut about 6 inches of wire, at one end make a loop around the pliers to thread your chain through

 

Take the sea glass and wrap the wire around it in a crisscross manner, holding the loop at the top till it is stable within the wire then wrap the leftover parts around the base of the top loop, to secure. If you have lots of wire left you can just chop it.
 

If you want you can be finished at that but what I like to do is bend the wire into almost lightening like patterns to make the wire tighter and add a pretty and ethereal affect to the jewellery. Then you just thread it one a chain and have a gorgeous, unique pendant to keep or give to a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment