Sunday 3 November 2013

Barbie food


 

I have two younger sisters who really love Barbie’s and also anything small so when I started using clay again I got bombarded with requests of me making them food for their Barbie’s. I kept it pretty simplistic looking as I only had about an hour to do it all and there pretty young so they don’t really care about detail. Unfortunately the first time I cooked them (I use Sculpey clay which you bake at 275 for 15 minutes)  they all burned so there was a second even more rushed attempt but I like the way they ultimately turned out.
For the Pizza I got a tan ball of clay and pressed it out into a little round, I then got a ball of red and rolled it out into a thin strip which I ran around the edge of the pizza to make the tomato sauce.  For the cheese I had a bit of I dilemma because I hadn’t bought yellow, instead what I decided to do was roll white and orange until just slightly mixed to get an almost marble like colouring and then I thought I needed texture to make it more realistically look like cheese. What I ended up doing was using the corner of a ruler to press in little bumps making it look akin to shredded cheese but you could use anything to texturize it, a fork? Just whatever you have lying round. For the mushrooms I just rolled little tiny balls and stuck ends on them and then pepperoni the same idea, little balls minus the sticks. Slice it into for, then bake it and you have a perfect Barbie pizza. I'll follow with a post about my other food at a later date, feel free to comment with any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment